Visit Concrete.Com

Visit Concrete.Com | Advertising | Contact Us | Concrete Calculators

Topic Options
#8314 - 04/25/02 05:43 PM reuseable forms for decorative tabletops
JPG Offline

Loc: Austin,Texas
I am making decorative concrete tabletops rangeing from 20" to 48" in diameter along with square and rectangular shapes. Does anyone know if someone makes a type of reuseable form that would work for what I am doing. I was thinking on the line of a stiff rubber or plastic that once the concrete set up you could pop it out if the form material was somewhat flexable. It would be all one peice. The sides would be 1- 1/8" to 1-1/4" high. Any suggestions or leads. Thanks

#8315 - 04/26/02 02:25 PM Re: reuseable forms for decorative tabletops
TK Offline

Loc: NC USA
Not aware of anyone selling them but it's possible to contract with a mold maker/manufacturer to customize one. I found a few mold makers via an internet search once. Cheers, TK

#8316 - 04/27/02 11:41 PM Re: reuseable forms for decorative tabletops
Anonymous
Unregistered

Canadian Concrete Molds/Lewis Bond makes fiberglass molds for your applicatiopn. I am not sure of his web address but if you do a Google search for Canadian Concrete Molds you will see it. I have not used any of his fiberglass molds. Good Luck.

#8317 - 05/22/02 01:09 PM Re: reuseable forms for decorative tabletops
Anonymous
Unregistered

You could make your own mold by purchasing the liquid rubber. Try smooth-on.com. I am trying to get into this myself.

#8318 - 12/26/02 04:08 AM Re: reuseable forms for decorative tabletops
BRfromPA Offline

Loc: Emmaus Pennsylvania
I drive past Smooth-on going to and from work. They have a building just of I-78, Easton PA.

A guy i've delt with that makes brick and stone molds and he likes another company's rubber better, and they are in Easton PA, too. I ask yah, what are the odds.

#8319 - 01/02/03 06:03 AM Re: reuseable forms for decorative tabletops
Beth Offline

Loc: Rural LA