Visit Concrete.Com

Visit Concrete.Com | Advertising | Contact Us | Concrete Calculators

Topic Options
#8048 - 07/03/01 09:14 PM How to make concrete glitter
Anonymous
Unregistered

I want to know how to make my sidewalk glitter? I have seen sidewalks in the 60s that glittered. I was told it is a old method and no one uses it now. But the glitter effect came from mica. I have called a number of concrete companys and stamp concrete companys no one can help.Can anyone help me,if you know where to buy it,how much to use and does it come premixed. Thanks[EMAIL]null[/EMAIL]null

#8049 - 07/12/01 02:42 AM Re: How to make concrete glitter
Anonymous
Unregistered

hey Trace' I had a friend who explained that to make a ceiling 'sparkle' you take clear pop bottles and smash them to little pieces in a brow paper bag (with a hammer) untill its little pieces of glass then its mixed into a fininshing plaster. I think that would work for concrete (you would 'dust it on just before troweling (final finishing). I wouldn't walk on it bare foot but it would wear down with time to be less abrasive. Good luck. R. cyanasp

#8050 - 07/31/01 04:20 PM Re: How to make concrete glitter
Anonymous
Unregistered

Try Meadowbrookinventions.com

#8051 - 08/27/01 03:02 AM Re: How to make concrete glitter
The Colorman Offline

Loc: Sacramento, CA
The material you are looking for is finish grade silicon carbice. Contact QC Costruction Products they have a good one at a good price. Tell them "The Colorman" sent you!