Visit Concrete.Com

Visit Concrete.Com | Advertising | Contact Us | Concrete Calculators

Topic Options
#71 - 05/09/01 05:52 PM leveling concrete slab
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am installing laminate flooring over a concrete slab. The slab has some low spots and a knot-like spot in it. How can I get it level enough (1/8" in a 10-foot span)to lay the flooring?

#72 - 05/10/01 10:20 PM Re: leveling concrete slab
ken Offline

Administrator

Loc: Austin, Texas
There are many floor leveling products on the market. I would ask the floor covering provider what they would recommend to work best with their product.

#73 - 04/01/02 05:13 PM Re: leveling concrete slab
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a similar situation. A 25X25 foot room and one side of the room is 3" lower than the other side. I think this is too much for leveling compound. Should I get a concrete (Hey, "concrete is good" ;-) contractor to pour and level? Or, will I run into problems with shale downstream?

I am considering installing a wood subfloor over the concreate, once the floor is leveled.

#74 - 04/02/02 01:20 AM Re: leveling concrete slab
ken Offline

Administrator

Loc: Austin, Texas
A 3" level differential is not too much for leveling material, but you will need to use a filler, such as pea gravel and sand, to get the best results. Actually, a 3" differential is not too uncommon, but any materials you use will describe how to add filler for thicker sections. Another method is doing it in lifts, but it is really more expensive and more time consuming to do it that way.

#75 - 04/02/02 01:04 PM Re: leveling concrete slab
Bill A Offline

Loc: Lincoln, NE
Another solution could be mudjacking. A search on any search site displays hundreds of web pages explaining this process.

Keep It Level