Visit Concrete.Com

Visit Concrete.Com | Advertising | Contact Us | Concrete Calculators

Topic Options
#14447 - 03/18/13 11:15 AM Remodel 3 years ago, water seeping now
RoxyRigby1 Offline

Three years ago I did a basement remodel which included moving some plumbing, tearing out old concrete and new concrete being poured in connection with the plumbing. I received a call from the homeowner last week. In the remodeled bathroom, around the toilet, the concrete has raised/heaved about a 1/4". Additionally, the thinset used to level the floor is moist. The toilet was installed about a week after the tile (if my recollection is correct...I think it is). My assumption is that the plumber would have noticed moisture in that area if it existed at that time, but since it wasn't me doing the plumbing, I can't say for certain. The homeowner reported that she noticed this problem at the same time that heavy machinery was being used in the lot next store for the construction of a new home.
What are some possibilities for what's going on?

#14606 - 06/25/13 10:12 PM Re: Remodel 3 years ago, water seeping now [Re: RoxyRigby1]
Clatsop Concrete Offline

Loc: Oregon USA
i have had roller compactors working next door cause cracking in a basement and a patio on my job....just sayin'...its possible for sure