Visit Concrete.Com

Visit Concrete.Com | Advertising | Contact Us | Concrete Calculators

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#13053 - 10/18/08 03:18 PM Re: To Tar or Not to Tar????? [Re: tesla-was-right]
spitt Offline

i dont know about new stuff (im also new here)- or even what it cost, but i use tar myself, i built my house over 20 years ago and tarred the foundation along with installing gravel and drains- my basement been dry over 20 years- i think the main cause of leakage is cheaply intalled drains (if at all) and a poor foundation where it shifts- no matter what you use then will still seep water with foudation building flaws

#13463 - 04/04/09 01:42 AM Re: To Tar or Not to Tar????? [Re: chucky]
maurisgreen Offline

Hello friends, I hope i am not disturbing you both, but yes its a fact, tar is being used as a waterproofing material in many countries. Most of times, instead of splashing it on wall, it is used to spread over the roof, especially it is of metal or fiber, to stop rain leakage. Sometimes, tar is also used to spatter inside of a water tank just to close small holes of metal and plastic water tanks. So, CR2 is right on the points mentioned. Now as tar is used mostly for single storied or two - three storied residential projects, it is mostly avoided in multi-storied commercial complexes. So it entirely depends on what type of construction is in progress and how well it needs to be built. Lets not get in to debate, both of you are right with your own experience.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2